Monday, August 23, 2010

The Spirit Speaks to Me, and to You

What I have learned recently is that living by the Spirit is an individual journey.  I cannot receive revelation for you.  And I cannot expect others to receive revelation for me.  Your mission is different than mine, but we are all laboring to build the Kingdom of God.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1 Corinthians 12:12
The other thing I have learned is how important it is to have charity.  I am sincerely trying to feel God's love, so I can share it with others. 
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth.  Wherefore cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail--
But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
Moroni 7:46-47