Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Greater Light

One day last week my husband and I got up before 5 am to watch the meteor shower.  We saw eight meteors in about half an hour.  It was amazing and fun!  We realized that we would have been able to see much more if we had been up in the mountains, rather than down in the city.
Then I found this quote by Joseph Smith:
"The small lights that God has given are sufficient to lead us out of Babylon; when we get out, we shall have greater light."
(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg 103)

One day this week, my husband and I got up before 5 am to go to the Temple.  It was an enlightening trip, to say the least.  I learned so much and I am so grateful! 
I don't want to settle for the small lights, the occasional inspiration, when I could have great light and wisdom.